With the impressive 4G63 engine putting out huge amounts of torque and power with only moderate modifications and tuning the transmissions under these earlier Mitsubishi vehicles very quickly reach their limits. Breakages are often seen with race and tough street vehicles. The transmission consists of 2 shafts as seen in a regular FWD tranaxle with the centre differential placed on a 3rd parallel line adjacent to and driven by the layshaft’s 3rd gear.
Developed in 2003, the Evolution dog engagement straight cut gearset offers immense strength and durability with some customers pushing over 950nm/700ft lbs of torque through them on a regular basis. Gearsets feature the widest and strongerst gears that will fit along with interchange able 3rd and 4th gears which are splined onto the layshaft. Included in the gearset is a billet centre diff housing which allows the fitment of additional spider/planetary gears providing an upgrade to a 4 pinion centre differential with the OEM viscous coupling differential housing. An optional billet spool can be ordered instead of the billet centre differential housing if required.
– Larger Evolution 8 input shaft spline for maximum strength and reliability
– Tooth profiles that reduce noise, wear and load forces on the standard OEM transmission housing
– Multiple piece input shaft for added strength and ratio changes/repair
– Proven in racing and extreme street applications around the world
– Straight cut gears (1st~4th) for maximum power transmission and minimal losses
– Billet centre differential or spool included
– Easily change overall ratios by swapping out 3 gear set
– No extra cost custom ratios
Tall/short ratio – 1st: 3.17/3.46
– 2nd: 2.20/2.39
– 3rd: 1.43/1.47
– 4th: 0.99/1.07
– 5th: 0.83/0.90 (Optional $650 AUD (plus GST))